Sunday, February 17, 2008

Unexpected Snow!

Around 7:30pm this past Wednesday night, I walked into Davis' room and saw what appeared to be a very heavy rain pouring outside the window. The closer I looked, I quickly realized that it was snow that I was seeing. It poured down for at least a couple of hours and accumulated very quickly on the ground. JD Sr was working late that night and didn't get home until 8:00pm, which is JD jr's bedtime. He called me from the hospital to tell me he was on the way home and when I told him it was snowing outside, he asked me to keep JD awake and dress him in some warm clothes so that they could play in the snow together. Davis was already in bed, so when JD Sr arrived home, the 3 of us headed outside to enjoy the snow. We threw snowballs at each other, built a snowman, showed JD how to make a snow angel, and went sledding down a huge hill in our neighborhood with our good friends, Hank, Christy, and little Hank.

JD's cheeks were so red when we finally came in for the night that it looked like he had painted them that color. Fortunately, his face returned to normal after he warmed up!

JD jr had a BLAST (actually, we all did) and the next morning after breakfast, we went right back out to play in the snow again before it all melted.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home