Wednesday, December 12, 2007

JD Enjoying His Gifts

JD got to open some of his gifts a little early this year, and do I even have to tell you how excited he was to receive his very own motorized golf cart from his Nana and Paw-Paw? We have taken many rides around the neighborhood in the past couple of weeks, and I must say that he is a very good and safe driver...thankfully!! He stops at stop signs and says, "Look, it's an S-T-O-P stop sign with a red octagon!" and then asks, "Are any cars coming, Mama?" before proceeding to turn the corner. One funny thing that he does while driving is if he sees something that interests him in someone's yard, he will just hop right out of the car, with his foot just barely leaving the gas pedal and say things like, "Oh look, it's a giant leaf!" or "Mama, I need to give you a great big hug." Then he returns to his car and keeps on going as if he never left it. I'll definitely have to break him of that habit when he's driving a real car some day! :^) In the meantime, however, it's pretty cute.

He also received a set of Ga Tech toddler dishes that he has thoroughly enjoyed dining with, and a complete instrument set to include a drum, which is by far his favorite thing to play. He loves to strap the drum around his neck and say, "I'm going to have a parade!" He then marches all around the downstairs beating his drum with a very serious look on his face. As evidenced by one of the photos below, clothing takes a back seat to wearing his drum!

Speaking of playing instruments, I definitely think that formal piano lessons are going to be in his very near future as he has learned to play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" completely by ear on his keyboard. No joke! I was walking by his bedroom one day and heard the song being played perfectly in tune and in time. I stopped and thought to myself, "I KNOW that he's not playing that. He must be playing with a toy that plays that song." I peeked into his room, and there he was standing at his keyboard and very much playing the song all by himself. I was completely floored to say the least! Maybe after his 3rd birthday, we will look into lessons for him.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home