Monday, December 04, 2006

JD jr's very first haircut!







So here's a neat story:
We recently made a visit to Americus, GA where JD Sr grew up. We decided it was probably time for JD jr to have some of his hair trimmed off, so while we were in Americus, we took him to the exact same barber that gave JD Sr his very first haircut almost 30 years ago! As if that weren't neat enough, it turns out that not only did JD jr's dad have his hair cut by that barber, but also his grandfather, and both of his great grandfathers! Obviously they weren't all toddlers when they had their hair cut by this barber or else he would be over 150 years old. However, it was very surprising to find out that he has cut 4 generations of hair in our family! We also learned that he has cut Jimmy Carter's hair, so that will be something interesting to share with JD jr when he's older.

As far as the haircut, JD did SO well!! I was already preparing myself for a meltdown, especially after our Santa picture experience. However, he sat in the chair like such a big boy and didn't cry at all. I was shocked but very pleased. I asked the barber, whose name is "Soapy", not to take off too much, as I love the pieces of JD's hair that flip out on the sides. He did exactly as I asked, and the whole experience was great. I only hope that his second haircut goes just as smoothly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home