Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall Festival







Last night, we went to the Fall Festival at our church and had a great time! JD initially got very upset when we first arrived because he was convinced that I was dropping him off. His separation anxiety is at an all time high right now.

He immediately started to explore the gym when he saw all of the fun activities, but as soon as he started noticing all of the people wearing costumes, he starting crying hysterically and ran back to my side very quickly. I had to spend about 5 minutes explaining to him that I wasn't leaving him there, and once he realized that I was staying, he relaxed and really started to enjoy himself.

He took a ride on the tricycles, which surprised me because that was the first time he had ever ridden one before, and he hopped right on as if he was an old pro! His feet just barely reached the pedals, but if he had had better contact, he would have been a pedaling maniac. He also enjoyed the fishing game as well as digging through the leaves to find a prize.

We returned home, he had a bath, was in the bed by 7:45pm, and slept until 8:30 this morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home