Saturday, October 21, 2006

A visit to the pumpkin patch!






JD jr and I ventured out to a nearby pumpkin patch yesterday to meet some friends from church. JD was running around full-speed, so I definitely got my exercise as I was staying two steps behind him the entire time. This particular pumpkin patch is at a farmhouse that sits on a major road here in Winston-Salem, so it made me a little nervous that there was not a fence to separate the busy road from the yard in which all of the children were running around.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous, and I must say that when JD Sr. arrived home from work yesterday afternoon, I met him at the door and asked him if we could please live on a farm! Even though the pumpkin patch is technically in the middle of town, the old white farmhouse with the pumpkins and apples and land and trees just made me feel like I had been transported back to such a serene and middle-of-nowhere location.

We will be attending the Fall Festival at our church this coming Wednesday evening, so I will be sure to post some pictures from that event.

In case I haven't already said this about one hundred times already...I LOVE autumn! :^)

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyce family said...

GREAT PICTURES. JD moved to fast for me to get any good ones of him! Missed you this morning.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home