Sunday, July 30, 2006

My thoughtful husband







JD Sr came home from work on Thursday of this past week and told me that he had something fun planned for us to do on Saturday, but he wanted it to be a surprise. I couldn't wait to find out what the activity would be, and I tried a couple of times to get it out of him but to no avail. Finally Saturday arrived, and after breakfast, we piled into the car and began driving to an unknown destination. After about 20 minutes, we arrived at a blueberry farm, and we were there to pick blueberries. We had such a great time, and JD jr thought he had found paradise here on earth when he realized that one of his favorite fruits was growing in abundance all around him. He grazed the bushes and stuffed his face while JD Sr and I worked together to fill up the large bucket that we purchased for only $5.00! It was a really nice way to spend time together as a family, and now I have enough blueberries in my freezer to last until JD is ready for kindergarten!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyce family said...

That is so sweet of JD aka John David! I will let Mike know what he did and give him a hard time that he hasn't been so thoughtful! Enjoy the blueberries - my kids love them too!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home