Thursday, June 05, 2008

Oh dear!

Ok, so I bought JD his own "baby" a couple of weeks after Davis was born because I wanted him to have something to nurture as I was so busy caring for the newest addition to our family. I didn't know if he would care one thing about it, but I had been told that this can sometimes help an older sibling to feel a part of the whole experience and not feel completely left out. Well, not only did JD enjoy having his own baby to look after, but he also apparently paid close attention to my interactions with Davis! One evening, we were sitting in the living room, and JD said, "I need to feed my baby." to which I replied, "Ok, I think that's a great idea." He picked up his baby, walked over to his Tigger chair, sat down, lifted his shirt, positioned the baby just perfectly and...well...began feeding his baby! I had to do everything in my power to keep from laughing because I didn't want to embarass him or make him wonder why I found that to be funny, seeing as how I do the same thing with Davis all throughout the day. I must admit, it was very sweet and innocent and a good reminder of how closely our children watch everything that we do.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home