Thursday, June 05, 2008

My Brother, My Friend

JD and Davis bring so much joy to our lives...especially when you catch them giggling at each other. Sometimes JD can make Davis absolutely cackle just by walking through the room. Davis is just mesmerized by JD's every move, so I know that he will always look up to his big brother. Even though I spend a lot of my day playing referee and trying to ward off JD's not-so-gentle pokes and pulls on Davis, I can see that they really do adore each other. JD often tells Davis, "I love you, brother. You're my best friend." and he is VERY protective of Davis already. We were at the park the other day, and an adult walked over to the stroller to peek in at Davis. JD and I were a few feet away, as I was helping him get down from the monkey bars, and he suddenly spotted Davis' visitor and shouted, "Hey! Don't touch my baby brother! His name is Davis and you need to be gentle with him." It was neat to see him looking out for his brother (although he was clearly repeating something he hears me say to him at least 100 times a day).

I know that having two boys in the house is going to call for much more supervision and lessons in being kind to one another as the years go on, but I wouldn't trade a moment of it for anything in the world.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home