Sunday, October 12, 2008

Davie Mavie!

So our sweet little "Davie" is crawling EVERYWHERE...fast! He just loves his newfound ability to get from one part of the room to another at turbo speed. He is into everything, too. I love to see him exploring the house and finding the simplest things so fascinating.

He is such a precious baby boy! His little personality just cracks me up how he is so painfully shy. If a stranger speaks to him, he either hangs his head as low as it will go or turns his face into my shoulder and then peeks to see if they're still looking at him. Lately, he LOVES playing with JD's big wooden puzzles, and bathtime is still his all-time favorite.

He has 4 teeth now...2 on top and 2 on the bottom. If he's trying to let me know that he is ready for his nap or wants to be changed or picked up, he will crawl over to me, even if it means crawling to another room to find me, and chomp on my ankle. It doesn't hurt, but it's just his little way of communicating with me right now.

Speaking of communicating...the sweetest thing happened today...I was upstairs packing for our trip, and he crawled over to the bottom of the stairs and pulled himself up on his knees using the bottom step and loudly said, "Mama!" Of course I dropped what I was doing and came and scooped him up and kissed him all over. Although he has been saying "Mama" for some time now, it was so neat to hear him call for me like that.

It's so much fun getting to live these moments that I experienced with JD all over again.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home