Friday, June 27, 2008

Sailing the Deep Blue Sea!

We recently took a sailing trip on a yacht with another couple who lives here in Winston-Salem. I admit that after I agreed to go on this weekend getaway, I later questioned my sanity! Let's just say, I have a great respect for...ok, fear of...the ocean. I almost drowned in the ocean at the age of 17, and ever since then, I won't get in it any more than waist deep. However, after throwing caution to the wind, I made up my mind to go and ended up having a terrific time!

We prepared our meals on the boat, slept on the boat, showered on the boat, and just enjoyed the amazing views of the ocean. We were even fortunate enough to witness a large group of dolphins swimming and jumping surprisingly close to our boat. The yacht had a dinghy on the back, so after dropping anchor, we were able to make a trip to shore and look for shells on a gorgeous, pristine beach that seemed almost undiscovered based on its cleanliness and lack of people.

We wore motion-sickness patches behind our ears the entire weekend, so none of us felt queasy even for a second. The rocking sensation in our legs stayed with us for a couple of days after returning home.

I am so glad that I didn't talk myself out of going, as it turned out to be a very enjoyable experience and another excuse for JD Sr and I to spend some quality time together (the boys stayed behind at home with their Nana and Paw-Paw).













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home