Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Trip to Georgia








Just a few days after finding out that we were expecting our second child, JD jr and I made a trip to Georgia for our annual "Girls' Weekend" in Gainesville. Even though JD is very obviously a boy, he has joined us so far each year for lots of hugs, kisses, and doting given by all of the women in the family.

We had a great time, in spite of the fact that I was keeping my big news top secret the entire time, and in spite of the fact that I was on the verge of passing out at the drop of a hat due to major early pregnancy fatigue. When we finally shared the news with family a couple of weeks later, none of the female family members who were present at Girls' Weekend seemed a bit surprised. I was told that my drowsiness and large appetite had already tipped them off.

The weather turned out to be chilly and rainy for most of the weekend, but we still made a great time of it. We even made a trip to the skating rink, which is something I had not done in years! I was a little rusty at first but managed to get the hang of it after a few times around the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home