Wednesday, April 26, 2006

We're still here...



Ok, so I haven't posted in over a week now, and that's because we've been busy! JD Sr. celebrated his 29th birthday last week...on April 18th to be exact. We had a nice time as we went out to dinner and to the mall after he got home from work. I baked a cake for him and was brave enough to put 29 candles on it for him to blow out when he walked in the door (see picture).

JD jr continues to do more new things every day. From his animal sounds, to his ability to point to his tongue, teeth, and ears on command, to his practicing of saying his own name, and finally, to "talking" on the phone, he truly is growing and developing faster than we can keep up with. He is still as great a joy now as he was the day he first entered our lives, and we love him more and more with each passing day.

I continue to love motherhood and am enjoying the new friendships that I have made here so much! The girls in my Sunday school class and Tuesday morning Bible study are all truly a gift from God, as they are so much fun to be around and are such an encouragement and inspiration to me every time I'm with them.

We look forward to the summer months (but not the heat) as I plan to spend a great deal of time at the local pool with JD. He absolutely loves to play in the water, so it will be a real treat to see him in the pool with other children. I recently purchased a tank-top intertube for him to wear as he learns to swim. I will have to lather on the sunscreen because he definitely inherited my pale complexion...poor little guy!

The weather here today is very cool, and the sky is overcast, as a result of the storms we had come through the past couple of days. I think the high today is only going to be around 60 degrees and will continue that pattern until Sunday.

Well, I'm off to do some housework while JD jr is taking his nap, but I'll be back again soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home